Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Vets

Here I was 10 weeks old. Can you see the kind of toys that I had??
Here I was 5 months old


Here at 9 months old when I was spayed



My mom had wanted a dog for a long long time. Since our house doesn't have a yard and the patio is pretty small, she was thinking about a little dog. She thought about a Jack Russell Terrier, a Rat Fox Terrier or maybe a Chihuahua. She never thougth about a Dachshund... And here comes Lorenza... She saw an ad in the newspaper and called to ask about me... The person there said I was a girl (my moms preference) of 7 weeks old. She went there and when she saw me she fell in love with me. The person who had me is in fact a Vet. He said I was healthy. Big lie. My mom knew zero about dogs so she belived him and took me home. And her nightmare started. I was puking, and puking and puking... I didn't want to eat. She called the Vet and he asked mom to take me there to check what was happening. He gave me pills, injections, infusions, and nothing good happened. To make it short I had worms and he didn't know. Finally I got better. Months later my mom asked him about spaying me and he said it was not necessary (?)... I had my first heat and it was horrible. It was for 40 days!! and the Vet said it was normal (?) My mom got tired of him so she looked for another Vet (a good one). My new Vet is a nice person, his name is Sergio Rodriguez, and I like him a lot in spite of that he made me 2 surgeries, one to spay me and the other for a mamary tumor that I had product of all the hormonal problems I had before.
My mom spent a lot of money but she says it worth it. My mom has learnt (in the worst way) a lot about dogs. My mom is happy because now I am really healthy and happy as always.
Besos
Lorenza

12 comments:

Tadpole said...

Ha - my girl says that she's spent more money on me than her friend has spent on their NEW BABY! But we're WORTH IT, right?! :-)

Ooooh, the dreaded LAMP SHADE!!! But you're still wagging your tail! And I love that second picture of you - you're so pretty!!!

Tadpole said...

Oh - and awesome toys! Slippers and bottles are the BEST!

Tadpole said...

Hi! It's me again! Sorry! :-) But I tagged you - check out my blog!

Kevin said...

Oh you looked so tiny then!!!
Good thin your mum is alert and pays attention to your condition. Lucky she found you a good vet!

Wimsey said...

Aren't plastic bottles the best toys? I LOVE them!

Glad you found a good vet.

Wimsey

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hola guapa. Soy un perro pastor español, pero my mistress is ingles. So we speak and write in Spanish and English.

We came here because dachsies said you were new so we thought we would have a little look. We are sorry you have had a hard time with the first vet.

Un besito, guapa.

Pippa

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Lorenza,

We are so happy that your MOM fell in love with you and spent all that money on you to make you better. Mommy spent lots of money on Samantha, her little dog like us that is waiting at the Rainbow BRIDGE for her, and since Samantha was her #1 baby and we are #2, #3 & #4 and we are as important to her as Samantha was she spends at lot of money on us too.......we are after all spoiled rotten and love every minut of it. Mom said if you'd ever like to e-mail us our e-mail address is REDRICCA@SBCGLOBAL.NET.

Also we love your baby pictures

Mona, Jacks, Toby and Bradley too!!

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Lorenza,
I can't believe the hooman who had you earlier and didn't take good care of you was actually a VET?? What a lousy vet he was!! Thank dog your Mom rescued you..and now, you are a healthy and bootiful dog.

Maggie said...

you where/are so cute , great job on adding the links !!!!!!!!!

Ferndoggle said...

You poor little thing Lorenza! We're glad you got such a great person to give you the best in life!

You sure were a cute little puppy though!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Peanut said...

Oh my mom has found out a lot about dogs through owning me and Flash. We both had mange when we were little but different kinds. I like your bottle toys do you still play with them? I have some of them myself. I am so glad you are better and you have a good vet now.

Suki & Joey said...

Hey Lorenza,
My mom has also had a horrible experience with a mean vet. She was the one responsible for Twix losing his leg (my lab brother). See, he was hit by a car in Jan. '06 and this lady screwed his leg up when she tried to fix it BIG TIME. My mom had to take him to an orthopedic surgeon, who tried to save his poor leg, but after the surgery he did and Twix not getting better, Mom decided it would be best to amputate it. And the mean vet charged my mom $5000 to "fix" his leg! They almost went to court over it, so she says she knows how terrible it is to go to a vet who's just screwing you over.

I'm glad you're ok now, though!
Puggy kisses
Suki